Here is an excellent opportunity for a U.S. citizen of Arab heritage. The Jack G. Shaheen 2014 Mass Communications Scholarship, worth $1,000, will be awarded to the winner of an essay contest.
Eligibility: College students who are juniors, seniors or in graduate school in the 2014-2015 academic year majoring in journalism, radio, television, and or/film.
Applicants please submit the following items to the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) Research Institute:
- A one page statement explaining your goals and stating that: you are a U.S. citizen; you are of Arab heritage; and why you merit the scholarship.
- Two original signed letters of recommendation from Mass Communications professors.
- Copies of your articles, videos, films, etc. (the items will not be returned to you).
- Official academic transcripts (minimum 3.0 GPA).
- Permanent home address/ phone number, e-mail address, and phone number during the school year.
- Hard copy applications only.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Submit all materials to:
Jack G. Shaheen Mass Communications Scholarship
ADC Research Institute
Attention: Mr. Nabil Mohamad, ADC Vice President
1990 M Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Deadline: Tuesday, April 1, 2014
If you have any questions, call (202) 244-2990 or e-mail organizing@ADC.org. Awards will be announced and presented in June 2014 during ADC’s National Convention in Washington, D.C.
View More Posts >>